Friday, July 29, 2011

I like to doodle girls a lot. I mean a LOT. Anyone in real life can tell you that I seem to be obsessed with drawing women. Especially in a weird style (not this style but I'll show it another time).

It's based off of Chinese art I saw on internet... I need to embrace my Asian-ness more, I swear - because the lady on the top right looks kinda Western to me. >__<

I have random days where I get ADDICTED to something (like the Cancan a while ago). I get on and off with English Victorian era fashion.

These three are supposed to be characters but their dress is all sorta in a different era (how I made sense of this story I DON'T KNOW D: ). It takes place near the end of the Victorian era. The main character is supposed to be a dude named "John" but I NEVER got to making a design for him. >__< The other characters in the thing are two vampire girls and a schoolteacher. The two on the left are vampires.

The one on the very left is wearing a weird hodge-podge between Gregorian era (the era before Victorian era) clothes and something else. She's way older than she looks. Her name is "Adelina Hamilton". She's very nice as a person to talk to and she is fairly nice to an extent and she's polite. However, she is still a threat being a vampire and needing human blood to live. She's generally reclusive and likes luring people into her home to devour them. Or if she's desperate enough she'll go searching for someone to eat up.

The one in the middle is "Serenity Watson". She's also older than she looks but not as old as Adelina. To some people she looks like the picture of a good woman - she is beautiful, polite, graceful, knows how to cook and sew, etc. At the same time there's something mysterious to her. She tends to go hunting and searching for her food late, late at night. She's good friends with Adelina and she is very protective of Adelina sometimes.

The last girl is Lucille Turner. She's dressed like a New Woman from the late Victorian era. And she's a schoolteacher. She's chipper, full of ambition and spirit, and a very active woman - even partaking in biking.


I like drawing Serenity a lot sometimes randomly. this time she's dressed in Edwardian era (after the Victorian era) clothes. I like to draw her hair down even though it should actually be tied up like a proper lady's hair >_< . I shouldn't have given her such tempting hair to draw!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for more art dump!
    I know what you mean about drawing girls.. whenever I peek at you drawing 90% it's a female person xD You have to show me this 'weird' style sometime... cuz I don't think I ever seen it..
    You should so color the Victorian vampiric women. They would be so epically beautiful in color. :D

    ReplyDelete