Friday, July 29, 2011

OLD Stuff

I was inspired by my amazing friend Susie is Dead to post MOAR stuff! D< I was GONNA do it yesterday... but then I got tired after work and fell asleep when I got home. =___=; (SORRY!!!!)

I'm going to post some old stuff now! I'm mostly going to post some traditional, big works right now.

This one is considered a WIP (if you saw it in real life it's easier to tell why). I was inspired to do this idea while listening to Dusty Springfield's version of Windmills of Your Mind. More like the feel than anything else, because if I did this song literally it would be a bit... different than this. In case the subject makes no sense - it's a woman who's smoking on a cloud made of smoke from a burning city below. And there are balloons in the sky with her. The woman was meant to look more like a normal style while the city below was supposed to be drawn in a sorta "cubist-ish" style.

Cubism study of a still life. I fingerpainted some part of it. >___>; I need to do more still lifes, I swear.

Another still life painting of a skull and a flower. Inspired by Georgia O'keefe's style - sorta. Again, I need to do more still lifes and I need to practice some painting, too.

It's a pastel piece of an Indian site of some sort... (I forgot where). I like some parts of it more than others like the grass and the bushes - but the house in the back... not so much.



This a redo of a VERY OLD PIECE I did about 3-4 years ago . It's called "The Faces".

3 comments:

  1. Woah I love the first piece and the Indian totem one. But especially the first one!!! Such an interesting concept xD I am wondering, if you are ever going to finish it..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly - I wonder, too... But I must find a day to do it! It's BIG so I have to find a good day when I'm alone at home. (Big so it's a pain-in-the-rear-end to set up)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ok. How big is it? I am kind of hoping to see the finished piece someday .. xD

    ReplyDelete