Thursday, July 7, 2011



Random Note: The appearance of this lady is very loosely based off of Yvette Guilbert, a dancer who worked at the Moulin Rouge. Toulouse-Lautrec featured her in a few of his prints and was one of the dancers he liked to sketch.



Random Note: The lady in this picture is based off of some black and white photos I found online of Jane Avril, a dancer who Toulouse-Lautrec drew.












I have been obsessed with cancan lately, thanks a lot in part to feeling inspired by some Henri Toulouse-Lautrec's works. All of a sudden I felt an urge to look into it and his time at the Moulin Rouge intrigued me a lot so I decided to look into it and became hooked on cancan.

1 comment:

  1. Your cancan dancers!! I love how you put the images so there's a nice finishedy one on top and rough actiony lines at the last..
    LOVED your animation too btw! trying to not clog up your comments xD

    ReplyDelete