Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Whaaaaaat? I'm still alive!? Well! I was planning on trying to update this blog for a while but things kept popping up like me getting lost in San Jose, taking the wrong bus in San Jose, adjusting to how BUSY my life got (I have college Mon-Fri then work from Fri-Sun >__< ), and then the last reason is just the stupid reason that Dr. Mario has overtaken my life.

I was gonna post sketches last week until I realized that I couldn't find my camera so that I could take a photo of my sketches from my sketchbook. I found it like... two days ago! O: Right now I'm posting from a place where I don't have access to my camera and stuff so for now I'm going to dump in whatever I have! And then I'll dump some more later!!!!



I attempted to paint "La Divina", Maria Callas. Obviously I'm failing at it. >_O I'm trying to find the time to finish this one.
I figured out how bad I SUCKED at painting clothes so I was doing a study thing. But then I ended up being in a bad mood so uh... again with my weirdness? I started using really ugly colors together. Note to self - emo=weird art.
I tried to draw a stetson because well... Stetsons are COOL. Sadly it doesn't even LOOK like one! D:
I drew shapes randomly and ended up making some weird flying truck? I dunno, either.

I tried to do the shadows for a photo I saw - who it is I'll just leave people to guess. P: This wasn't a study of making it look like him, just a study in the shadows.

4 comments:

  1. school doesn't start for another 2 weeks for me mwahaha! lol sorry. I feel for ya ;-; you MUST finish the painting of the beautiful Maria Callas!! I wouldn't recommend using midtone red as upper value limit though, since red has a dark value inof itself.
    I'm liking your abstract clothing studies... :p and that truck-like vehicle has potential to become awesome. :D
    I don't recognize the last guy, but then I doubt I'd recognize the Beatles if they got resurrected, I'm horribly bad at faces x_x
    Post more whenever you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks! And I'll keep that in mind for the red - maybe I'll just turn it into black and white and save myself the brain break of how bad I am with colors. >__>;

    The clothes weren't meant to be abstract but I guess it turned out that way. XD And the man is uh... it doesn't look like him so trust me. Even if I gave someone the photo I bet they'd miss it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm.... after long contemplation I guess I'll tell you... he starred in Rebel Without a Cause...

    ReplyDelete