Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Digi Works And a Revelation





I'm just going to post some random digital stuff I've done. They're all WIPs and uncompleted because as I spent my time doing these I've had a good revelation - I'm not very good at digital painting. Like... at all. I'm kinda subpar compared to the average people I see who do it. So I think I need to do some painting practice and studies before I go back and try to finish these. Because every time I go back I keep finding myself "stuck" in places. "Stuck" as in I have no idea how to go about at painting it. I can draw an arm and stuff and I have a general idea of the muscles in an arm but I don't know how to portray it through a painty style.

I'm not saying that because I think I suck at EVERYTHING (actually, I sorta do XD ) because I can sketch and draw decently enough. But I KNOW that I have a bad weakness with painting. This is true even in real life - I have no idea how to make good paintings. D: I've worked okay things with pastels (oil and chalk), pencil, charcoal, ink, and watercolor (different from regular painting, I swear).And I have a really whack sense of color. So until then... enjoy these WIPs and I'll try to finish (or redo) them when I get BETTER at digital painting.


3 comments:

  1. Coolio! I remember you showing me some of these (and doing some of them next to me! xD) I know what you mean about 'stuck' and not knowing what to do, I used to get that a lot (still do actually... >_<) But practice will make everything better! :D I'd like to see your studies too, post them..!!!! and if you need crit or suggestions I'm always happy to help (to the best of my ability.. hehe) Anyway .. keep at it!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Haha good times! XD) And yeah... so now I'm gonna PRACTICE until I think they look okay. >__< And thanks for all your help! You dunno how much I love you. *sparkly eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, ok! you have to post how the practice turns out too, ok? >:D *sparkle eyes back*

    ReplyDelete