Friday, August 12, 2011


Yesterday I was in a really, really, SUPER sour mood of sorts due to some... things I've heard about in my life and other people's lives. I dunno why, but I tend to get all abstracty and weird when I get mad. When I try abstracty stuff when I'm not mad it always looks baaad, when I'm mad I guess it looks more... I don't know actually XD. But anyways, I was in a SUPER bad mood so I scribbled some stuff out. I eventually got out of my bad mood with some music (I never realized how important music was with my mood).

I listened to "No No No" by Yoko Ono.. It was the sound of the guitars that I was mainly listening to when I was mad. :P Somehow listening to it made me feel... more expressive or what? That's not the word but the real word doesn't come to mind to me right now...


Then I listened to this. I was still in a bad mood during the dissonant parts but when it turned more pretty sounding my mood gradually eased out of it like in time with the music or something. (Or maybe I'm just lame? Haha! Who knows)
These are my studies so far (I know, I'm slow >__<). I drew a skull, a nose, and an eye. the reason for the SO dumb eyelashes was that in the pick I used this lady had lots of mascara on. i was debating on whether or not to try that and now I REGRET it - it's SO bad. I HATE that eye like you may not even believe. It looks so... flat. The skull I am okay with in some parts and the nose i can deal with. But the eye... aaaaghhh!!!! Advice on that eye would help if anyone can. ;__;

This is what I'm using right now - a laptop. I thought I'd still be using my desktop a lot... but it turns out my laptop has replaced my desktop. XD (Portability and privacy that comes with it, I guess?)

3 comments:

  1. Wow nice abstract stuff... but sorry that you were mad. :( I was actually really mad yesterday too! (well not mad, but upset) think it carried over to can't-draw day today. But wow really the abstract ones, with the color and all, show this kind of tensed energy. think it really shows your mood through. I wish I was good at abstract like you >:c Abstract is one of my weakest points.
    About that eye that you hate so much.. I actually like the eye ..a lot! lol! I don't see how it is flat. Maybe if you posted the ref you used xD I think you should try using stronger brushing (try using no opacity to block out and then blend it out) sometimes it's a stylistic choice but as an exercise it really helps build confidence xD Just something to try if you have 5 min extra time. :)
    And post more art pie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to make abstract stuff when I'm mad. XD When I try it when I'm not mad it's all baaaaaadddd... And I don't remember the link where the eye came from. >__< and I'll try that opacity thing! Thanks. Should I do anything with the flow setting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flow can be useful sometimes with certain effects. You can try the airbrushing option too. I usually leave it off for normal painting though, because it adds transparency. Just experiment ranging from brushes using no opacity to all ranges of opacity xD
    Oh and I'd like to see some of the abstract stuff you did when you were not mad ... :P

    ReplyDelete