Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fiiinally did it! I took photos of some figure drawings. Just because I never mentioned, I don't post all of the ones I did at the sessions, just a select few. P: 





I tried to do some pencils and pen. Safe to say... it seems as though I am utterly incompetent at any dry media that isn't charcoal. ;____;
 The one above, I noted I drew the head too small afterwards. P: Oooops. This one, I just plain never got to finishing it. XD haha~ I think this might have been my favorite from that session, but I'm very "meh" about it.



 Decided to experiment around with using pastel and pen. I'm okay with the results, actually. The bottom one turned out a bit flat in some places, but I like the general feel of it. Overall, I think too much line reliance. Geeh... Gotta experiment around more, dammit! I think I've gotten too used to using just charcoal (and I"m not even a master of that, either =___= ) .
I feel as though it's rare to get such a heavier-figured model. ;___; The ones I usually see are usually thinner. I've only drawn two or three people with fuller figures in my entire figure drawing for three years. Can you guess how much fun I had with this dude's figure? O:

2 comments:

  1. Gah! such luvverly drawings ;A; esp the pastel color ones. Like http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nDATRiqLkxI/UAulgxLQKmI/AAAAAAAAAtM/jL7u2wvAGZg/s1600/IMG_0338.JPG OMG how voluminous is THAT?? so jelly. Yuh must have had so much funses, I never gotten a heavier model for life drawing ;-; xD I miss fig drawing so much! been working on proportions and it's been driving me nuts, I need more life drawing to figure it out >:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, really? :D That's good, I keep thinking everything I draw looks like a flatscreen with color puke on it. D:
    And don't worry, you'll be there on Tuesday and we can do awesome art timez forever, then. ;___; (Or more like 3 hours...)

    ReplyDelete