Monday, April 2, 2012

SO - what DOES the Miss Laura Mars do for art homework? Well, here it is - sorry it's bad in both picture quality (webcam~) and uh... general everything else. =__= The goal is to make it photo-realistic. I sorta failed... and I need to find time to smooth the gradients some more and fill in the texture grains of the paper. P:

I did a graphite transfer for each board to transfer the original sketch for a random piece of paper. I think my hand slipped on this one so the cylinder came out a bit lopsided.
The sphere was surprisingly the easiest and least painful one to do. Except for that wall back there. I'm probably going to try to fix that.

I look at it and I cry SO hard. I think even though I mechanically did it - it's not a legit cube, I feel. ;A;

2 comments:

  1. These must have taken foreverrrr! I think Miss Laura Mars did a great job. Graphite is sooo hard ;-; Are these from life or imagination?
    I've been watching John's vids lately and omg they are so epic, I NEVER KNEW ANY OF THAT SHADOW STUFF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They DID! >_< Graphite is so painfully slow it makes me cry... And yeah, they're from imagination - the point of the assignment was to learn how to convincingly render shadows from our imagination. The videos you saw were supposed to help us with that.

    You see what I mean - he's GENIUS O: Being in his class has been the most enlightening (artistically speaking) times of my life so far! XD

    ReplyDelete