Friday, October 26, 2012

Sketchbook Dump
 A tonal sketch of a photo of Maria Callas that I found online. I'm reaally weak in tonal drawings, I feel, so I decided to do more photo studies. This was the best one I did, and I feel like I learned a lot with this one. Even still, I ended up BSing the hands because for some reason I was having a very hard time with them. Sadly the BS is really easy to tell... I tried to save one of the hands by darkening it much more than the photo - reason for that is it still looks believable to me as long as you never saw the photo. Hopefully I'm right? But I think I at least made it less distracting.
 I dunno fi I even showed this one before? P: whatever.
 Spoooon studies!  I kept it pretty short when I realized spoons are very, very straightforward...Forks are STILL hard, though. Ugh.
 Hat studies.
 Studies of a classmate's hair. I use his hair as a ref for a character. And as they say, no better ref than real life, right? XD
 Sketches of a group of children I saw on the fields at my school. And I'll be darned but children move endlessly... like neeever stop. One kid was standing around looking pensive for two or three minutes - tops before he ran off to play tag or... something.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think id have noticed the hand if u hadnt pointed it out! XD love your rendering on ms callas. The children are so cute lol. Thanks for inspiring me to do more studies - like u said no better ref than life! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hand was super obvious to me, but I was the one drawing it so I guess it would be distracting to me. P:

      And thanks, you're inspiring to me as well! ;A; I still have a derpo fear of mechanical things, backgrounds, and painting in general >___< I think I need to do a butt ton of studies on those...

      Delete