Thursday, October 11, 2012

Apparently I'm having a very artistically productive day... O_o; Five hours of painting and tonal studies today all together... WHY DON'T I DO THIS MORE OFTEN? QAQ

Anyways... this might be the last thing for today. xD Another gouache thing. This time it's a self-portrait. This is the most legit thing I've painted with gouache. I think after this I can re-affirm to myself that my main problem in painting is that I have no idea how to make solid shapes. I'm very used to doing self-portraits and drawing my face so the shapes were not anything I was too confused about. However... my jacket and shirt has my usual "WTH is that shape supposed to be?" syndrome. =__=; Hopefully the face distracts away from it? Haha...

I'm a bit mad that my camera captures colors strangely... I tried to edit it on photoshop, but fixes are limited... The real one is actually a little more reddish on the face and more purple in the shadows. There was also slightly less contrast in the real painting.

Productive day is good! :D Probably to make up for my "do nothing all day! :D" day yesterday. ^__^; Now... onto a color wheel and complementary color grid. D:

No comments:

Post a Comment