Wednesday, October 10, 2012

NC WYETH CHALEEENGEEEE!!!!! O: In one of my classes we had to do a master copy with a limited colored palette with gouache. This was about an hour and half worth of work, I believe.

My goodness gouache is SO irritating to use. D: And the limited palette made it a bit hard to achieve some of the colors - but I think I mainly got it. P: The thing that bugs me is that I think I messed up a lot of placement of objects like the other figures in the background. However, I suppose it IS paint so it's easy to just layer over it.


According to one of my friends/classmate, the main figure looks fine, but everything else fell apart a did .I have to agree with that, especially because all I did for a good chunk of the class WAS the big shovel man. xD

Maybe one day I'll be able to make a really good copy of this painting? We'll see~

2 comments:

  1. ATTACK OF THE SHOVELS lolol
    I agree, I think you did a pretty good job (esp considering it's in FCKING GOUACHE) except it looks like you didn't give the background guys enough love lol. Just wondering... what colors were you allowed in your limited palette?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooope - I gave them close to zero love. That's exactly what my classmate noted. My cousin noted the blank spot on the upper right corner is still vague and blank.

    The colors were cyan, red sienna, and white. It's the reason why the "black" isn't getting that dark. Cyan and sienna can only go SO dark together. @_@

    ReplyDelete