Wednesday, November 2, 2011

TIME: 1 hr 30-40 min
According to my aaaaamazing friend Suzie yesterday was apparently self-portrait day. Me, being a total derp about things like that did not know that... >__>; Anyways... I thought that I might as well give it a shot since y'know... I need stuff to do in order to successfully procrastinate on my essay! D:< (I enjoy it, too! Don't worry~ ;) )

Anyways, for this thing I don't think it looked like me in the end so... pooey for that. The lines I added because I thought it'd look cool if I did that - I dunno if it adds or detracts in a way that makes it annoying/distracting but I thought I might as well mess around, hey... originally my pose wasn't a "uh... can't hear you!" pose but I had a pen in my hand. I gave up when I realized the screen wasn't gonna take it compositionally well XD. So... anyone who knows me IRL - tell me what you HONESTLY think about it - even if all you have is "YO FACE UGLY IRL O: < ".


Still trying to bring up my real life observation painting skills. Still sucking... but I'm hopefully getting better at this stuff! The back you can is a pink, children chair and a massage chair with a plastic bag next to it. the front is a cubicle cup and a piece of my laptop screen.


CHARACTER SHEEET THINGEEEYY. I thought since all of my characters might as well be "who dat? O: " to random people who may be passing by (so far all my watchers are people I know irl, though Hahaha! ; A ; ) I decided to make a character sheet thingy out of the characters. It's a bit for myself, too since I tend to do inconsistent coloring stuff. Along with that, I wanted to make sure I had a clear idea of body stuff...

I want to do it by character story cast thing by cast. At first I wanted to start with the smallest cast list and move up to bigger cast lists to make sure I finish at least ONE cast. I originally wanted to start with Daniel's since I only have 3 characters to do with it so it wouldn't have taken long. BUT (always a but with me... ) it turns out I'm not good at drawing Daniel and Rachel to some extent in a digital media since I'm used to drawing him while scribbling with a marker pen or a 2B pencil. Imma need time to figure him out. P: George is okay, though!

Another smaller cast would have consisted of rabbits, but I thought "naaah".

So enjoy! I'll try to get more of the character sheets stuff done with my future posts. They usually don't take more than 20-40 minutes so they're a good thing if I have no idea. I got lots of characters to burn through so it should be something to last for me... Haha~

2 comments:

  1. omg your self portrait, heart heart!! I do think it looks like you, I don't know why you'd think otherwise! love the artistic freedom you took with the hatching, colors and teh eyebrow xD but here you seem to be giving out an attitude vibe D: I think irl you look much .. nicer? Iguess? less intimidating? haha! maybe cuz I know you already! but awesome job on it! :D

    nice job on the still life, but I do have a small crit on it. It looks like you did everything on 1 layer right? so thats fine but then try to paint the background first so that you don't get the brushstrokes kind of swimming around instead of behind objects. although, I guess you could make that work too, so idk xD

    Love the char sheet... gives me ideas for mine xD awesome that you included diff aspects. and omg that expression made me smile xD
    oh what is " character story cast list"? rabbits? whaa? you have my highest approval with more chara sheets though, I love character sheets xD
    So happy that you're drawing more ^_^ I miss you! you're never on skype either :[
    OOops I wrote so much! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you didn't! I love all your beautiful replies! Even if it was 50 pages long I would read it and love it~

    And yeah, it looks all attitudial. XD I originally had a pen in my hand, really - but again I was all "composition so ugly - screw the pen! D:< ". And I'm glad that I don't regret the hatching in the end - but the painted part under it makes me feel sad because I made my face too red, I think. >_O I look like a tomato...

    And I'll keep it in mind! I actually forgot the background until the end which is why that happened. =___=; (stuuupid me...)

    On the character sheet "character story cast list" is like a separation of stories for them. Each story/universe/whaatever has its own set of characters. I think I might need to edit Ark's with a cast name later to make it more organized P: And it's not like I'm never on there.. just rarely >__>; and sometimes when I'm on it says you're on "do not disturb" so... bad timing on my part? XD Haha.

    ReplyDelete