Monday, December 16, 2013


I realized that I had actually forgotten to upload the animatic I did for class I did with all those character designs I posted earlier. I ended up changing the Thief's design to look more human and less like a giant bug with a bag over his head.

My animatic turned out to be really long, it runs over 100 frames with more than two characters running around at the same time for over half of those said over 100 frames.

It was worth it, though, I think. The teacher told me that if it weren't for the fact that she was only allowed to submit things that ran within a certain time limit, she would have put my animatic in at the end of the semester showing. I'm more than fine with not getting it shown, actually, I feel validated enough that spending 10 straight hours on it was worth it. XD

This animatic marks the first time I've actively integrated 3-D modelling technology into my art. I modeled the BG space in Google Sketch-up and inserted stock figures in the space to figure out which camera angles I liked. This made my process go by SO much faster, and helped me keep track of my space.

No comments:

Post a Comment