Tuesday, October 1, 2013













Quick storyboard stuff I did for class. The assignment was to have a character dive off a diving board and portray that one moment in three ways: a character driven way, a plot driven way, and combo of the two. The first is character driven, second is plot driven, third is the combo driven shot. The teacher told us to make a quick given circumstance to tell the class before showing the board ideas. I think the story is generally self-explanatory - man is chased by a pursuer and must choose between a leap of crazy faith or going up against the pursuer.

I couldn't quite say I have a favorite of the three, but I know that I spent the least time on the combo one, even the thumbnailing for that one just came out easily and I ended up going with one of the first thumbnail ideas for it. I think I had the most fun doing the first one since I enjoy just drawing faces. : D At the same time, I feel as if I learned the most from the 2nd one. Watching some ninja turtles gave me an idea to add a walkway thing there - I thought it cut up the frame better to do it that way. And for some reason, I had the hardest time plotting the other spouts until it dawned upon me that I was drawing the perspective lines wrong due to my late-night derpness- HUUURRRP. @___@

I used my character Ark for the board even though I originally planned it to be a random character made up on the spot. I'm usually a bit... I don't know how to describe it - wary of showing characters I spend a long time on to anyone, I suppose? It's a strange sort of shyness, but I thought I just wanted to draw him in a moment like that - conflicted between making a dangerous jump or getting killed by a pursuer of some sort. I think it was a better idea because I felt like I was able to make a story much easier, quicker, and feel more for it.

I sorta cheated (sorta) and did a "diving board" of sorts... just not the swimming pool kind. >__> I was watching a gameplay for The Amazing Spider Man game (with SAM RIIEGALL AS PETER PARKER!!!!) and at 5:48-ish of the video it suddenly hit me to have a character having to prepare to jump off a sewer... whatever that location is called.... The teacher was more than fine with my cheat, so everything ended all well~

Personal afterthought:

I dunno if I could have done more to an extent, I guess? The teacher had nothing more to say on it - she just nodded and said "good job", and I think someone in the class said "whoah". I'll take it as a good sign. Best check it out more later, though. O__O; Upon my further notice, I felt like I should have upped the contrast in the pictures to up the focus better. =___= Next time, I guess... next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment