Thursday, June 20, 2013






Trying to work out a style for what I am now labeling "Mia's Cast" for my own laziness and personal convenience of mental sorting. (My brain is just a derp machine these days, you see... >__>; )

So far, I think this is the style that's going to stick the most. It still has a degree of sketchiness and general simplicity as a concept for the style. The style was originally based off of how I drew people in my thumbnails. This style is basically a cleaning up of what my thumbnails looked like. I'm going to look at how much more sketchy I can make this because it totally breaks. That would, of course, probably be more effective if I draw out an entire scene.

So, I guess that should be my next step. Drawing a scene with this style. I think I have a general idea of how the set and background is going to look, so I might as well test it out. ONWARDS, THEN!!!

A funny note is that the dress she's wearing on the left was originally blue, but my brother mentioned that the way the dress was designed made her look like a water bender for some reason. That didn't make much sense to me, but I thought it would probably help to change the color scheme, anyways. So... it's red, now. Ah, yeeh...

The picture in the middle was supposed to be based off of a crane fist starting position I saw online - but not quite it. I went through her timeline and I reasoned on this - if she learned any martial arts it was something that was close to crane style, but she probably learned it more as a passing thing upon convenience versus being actually serious about learning it. A friend of her's taught her basic things to protect herself, and that was it. That's more or less why her pose is not a very good crane position, it's more like a mock crane position that's obviously not really correct. Although... I feel like I messed up something, too - because it looks more like she's fast-walking than anything. D'oh! D:

No comments:

Post a Comment