Thursday, June 6, 2013















I noted that I'm not very good at drawing characters with darker skin like... at all. The last time I tried to paint a black person, I ended up painting them in a way that made them look pasty. I worked on this for a bit and I think I'm getting closer to getting it right, but not quite. : / I need to expand my horizons and draw less people who are white and Asian because that's all I seem to draw most of the time. >___> Aahh...

Her hair was actually a lot less painful than I imagined it would be. Since the hair was sort of all over the place, I just made up a lot of the stuff and took a biiig leap of faith as to where to put what shades. It worked well, I think. But I'll of course experiment some more on that. :V

She's supposed to be my character Felicia, but I think I messed up. Not much of her character really came through in the drawing because I got really obsessed with making it look good instead of making it look like the character .=__= Oops. Also, I need to do a texture study on denim material some time... That jacket looks like a plastic blazer or something to me. O_o;


No comments:

Post a Comment