Monday, June 10, 2013





















A late-night doodle that I uncharacteristically decided not to delete for once because I'm not utilizing the idea of my blog enough... Which is for me to track my personal progress and thoughts, etc.

I've been trying out a lot of new art programs lately. Mainly because of the fact that Photoshop is such a heavy program that it has a high risk of lag and takes too long to start up sometimes when I just want to do small doodles. So far I'm favoring MyPaint (the one I used for this doodle) and FireAlpaca. Both are fairly lightweight programs, and are free.

MyPaint doesn't have a canvas limit and no paintbucket tool, so that's why the edges are all strange and rounded in the bg. I feel like I slightly favor MyPaint because it has no canvas size - it just makes doodling easier and faster without me having to worry about size as I usually tend to draw really big and sloppy. I also like that MyPaint has more brush texture options and such. Sadly, the hot keys are very strange (b=open the brush box instead of just switching to brush mode O:<) and some of the shortcuts are if anything... inconvenient...

The character on the way left and the top right corner is named "Rohan Badal". I drew him earlier... P: Basically, he worked as a waiter through some of his studies, so I wanted to draw him in uniform. He also was a nurse for about a year before quitting because working at a hospital was too depressing for him.

The top messy doodles is of a girl named "Ballari" who is Cameron and Rohan's adopted daughter. She's tomboyish - like one of those spunky girl types? Haha... I dunno. She's also deaf, so the two learn BSL to speak with her. She can talk, though, but has a bit of a "deaf accent". And she reads lips, but it's obviously not as reliable as sign language communication with her, of course.

The character in the middle is named "Darius". He's actually this character with a different look. The character becomes an actor in the future and is one of the main cast in some teen, supernatural show where he plays a "bad boy". The punkette girl (named Gabriella Bannes) is supposed to be another character from that show (her real name is Rosa Aguila)- I'm still working out her design. I'm still working on this with my friend, Yevie. We're hoping this goes somewhere to be a fun webcomic about the show itself. XD

Basically, the show has it's own concrete story and stuff, and the cast for the show talks about it and stuff in side comics and such. My friend and I thought it would be funny because it's sorta like poking fun at the ability to look at yourself from an outside perspective and poke fun at it like a creator would for something. That, and the characters they play aren't the same as their real selves which also means funny commentary.Yeah... we thought it was fun. P:

No comments:

Post a Comment