Thursday, June 7, 2012

Finally had art buddy time! ;___; I missed it soo much~ So, here's what I did, and a random, unfinished thing on the bottom.


Part one of the session - anatomy study.

It was supposed to be a hip movement study but uh... I just ended up drawing some dude's legs more than anything else. =___=; Basically... damn it all, Laura... concentrate... But my awesome buddy did give me some great information she got from an awesome book she must share with me!


Part, the second of that was drawing prompts from each other. She got a flaming baboon samurai, I got a spider made of needles. Uh... the spider took a while and it got nowhere... Maybe I'll finish it one day, right now I'm not really feelin' it. Looks more like something from my childhood of watching the 3rd Bionicle movie's visorak hordes.


Session two was supposed to be a landscape study... It turned out pretty stressful and I never really got anywhere with it because I kept restarting it again and again... =___=

Part two was a character design thing. We gave each other prompts. I got an AWESOME prompt of a person from the year 2050 where there are flying cars who tracks down cheating husbands on the computer. After she finds them, she kills them with information overload and then goes to collect the body.

I am horrible with all things sci-fi, it seems... Such an uncollected design... >__>; And she looked more like a superhero, Suzie observed XD








This was just a fun sketch for myself. It's Papageno from "Die Zauberflote" (The Magic Flute) by Mozart. I've been really into listening to opera for a while and I love all the songs this character has. They're just soooo fun~! 

His costume was heavily based off of the costume Detlef Roth in Paris . I added a bare chest for my own fun. XD

Papageno is supposed to be a birdcatcher so I drew a cage in his hand. What he's saying is "Der Vogelfanger bin ich ja" which basically means "The birdcatcher, that is me", the line is the first line he has and is the title of his introduction song. I wanted to draw him singing to a bird just for fun and to show off how "the birds belong to him" like he sings about.

No comments:

Post a Comment