Thursday, March 5, 2015


Personal work~! Part of a personal side project I've been working on between classwork. :D


The first one is an OC in a gas mask and cloak. I don't know if this character will ever wear a gas mask officially, but it's just a visual motif I enjoy a lot! This was mainly drawn with a lasso tool which I have learned to love so hard core since the lasso tool can just nail in big shapes and colors so quickly. I wish I thought about using it earlier. ;______;

The second is some thumbnail sketches of some building designs. I'm currently working on doing more fleshed out ideas from a few of them. Will hopefully have a progress report on that soon.

 More info on the project: 
As of last week, I've been planning out a side project of doing a concept art thing for a story idea. The current plan is to make it concept art as if for a video game. I based it off of the Art Center portfolios I glanced over.

I wanted to do this to really get into the feeling of doing concept art. I've been too scared to make anything and it's holding me back from trying new things. I've got things to do that I've never really worked on before like buildings, huge landscapes, weapons, props, etc. I'm very nervous but excited to see where this side project takes me.

I'll hopefully find holes in my skill set so that I can fix them instead of ignoring them and never knowing where my biggest weaknesses are.

No comments:

Post a Comment