Thursday, February 19, 2015













This is the second main assignment for my digital painting class this semester. I see a lot of stuff I wish I did better on, but I'm trying not to beat myself up too much over it since this is probably the most complete and best painting I've done in my life so far. 

I owe so much to my professor Alice Carter this semester. She's a brilliant, but tough teacher. Like, she is tough but her advice sticks so well. I truly hope the improvements from this semester are continuously this fruitful in the end. :)

And sad thing - I like the dandelions better than anything else in the painting. Like, errghhh. Forty hours on that tree and one hour on a dandelion. This world is too much for me. Dx






Work in progress versions of the tree. The bottom two are some messy pencil and watercolor sketches of the tree.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! Beautiful landscapes ;A; I am taking a digital landscape class too and I am preetty bad at landscapes and nature stuff in general, trees especially are soooo hard to do. I really like the dandelions too, my eyes went right to it after the little bits of sun columning through the tree. Like little fairies!!
    So glad you are back, can't wait to hang out and catch up!

    ReplyDelete