Friday, March 23, 2012

Three days of posting in a week! I'm on a roll! ; w ; (Hopefully I can keep at this...)

I worked on the Condor thingy some more, mainly slapped some colors in. I am soooo slow at digital painting, I told myself to stop at 30 minutes and see what I get. I pretty much got nothing since I kept hating basically how everything was turning out. >_< Then again... I changed it from a desert to something else in the middle so I guess I wasted time on that, too. hehe.


MORE texture studies. I've found from the last two texture studies that I epic suck at fur and fuzz so I decided to do some animal texture studies. The wolf fur on top drives me insane - something about it just isn't looking correct. The zebra texture is okay, but the leopard one drives me insane, too. It does NOT look wrapped around a sphere and that bugs me - but I'll give myself credit since it looks like leopard print

Life Update:
Spring break for me, yaaay~ I will be busy with a lot of art homework. My teacher wants the class to do graphite renderings of a cylinder, cube, and sphere and make it look as realistic as possible (not as easy as it sounds >_< ). I also have to work on a project where I'm mixing two animals or objects and render it and make it look like as if it was real (I'm doing a crab horse). I'm probably going to be spending about two days to find a horse, shoot refs, etc. And then I also have some texture research for the class.

On the side, some French studying. hahaha...

Here's to hoping I'll be productive! D:<

2 comments:

  1. Oh so THAT'S why you said that thing about horses on Monday! OwO
    Nice job on all of these! You will get faster with practice ^_^ (I am!) Keep working on the condor piece? :DD
    And I think for the wolf fur, you should try using thinner strokes on a larger canvas & sharpen it, b/c right now it looks fine except for the stroke thickness. Great job on the leopard spots btw!
    And also do you mind if I steal/copy your exercises & assignments ? haha. That animal/object mixing project sounds really fun. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep~ That's why with the horses, hehe. And thanks, I hope I'll be faster, too! D:<

    And sure, go for it. Steal them. Doing it in graphite will drive your patience, though, fair warning. >_< Our teacher wants us to fill in the grain in the paper, too.

    ReplyDelete