Monday, October 17, 2011

Since my observational skill is BEYOND FAILURE - I decided to go around and draw some stuff while I was sitting outside.
This is the first one I did after looking at the trash bin in the back. I could blame the sun glare in my eyes that also made my screen hard to see - but I can't deny that a lot of it is my problem, too. =___=; Everything came out looking flat in the end. Go fig, hehe. :P But it's okay, I'll keep doing these until they look... decent! Until then I'll settle with it being not so awesome. >__< I would have tightened it up a bit more but then the two people left and the position of the sun became way too different fro where it was in the beginning so I basically decided to just leave it as it is at that point. XD


Attempt at something number two - I saw a tree in the general vicinity of where I was sitting around. I'm not very good with trees, especially the coniferous variety of them (I think they're hard!). I gave it a shot. I think I learned something, but at the same time I don't really love this tree all that much... It doesn't look coniferous at all! But oh, well - I must simply perseveeereee!!!

In the meanwhile I'll be doing some perspective practices so maybe the next things will look more... correctly placed in space? haha!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the life.. I know it's hard to digipaint outdoors haha. A special shadow box for laptop painters has been invented but I'm too lazy to make it and use it >_> All my as-is life pics always turn out flat too. maybe life is just dull ;-;
    And I know trees/foliage is so hard!!!!! it's interesting how you used purple for the shadows though. I've never seen that done in trees before. xD
    Looking forward to seeing more.. :)

    ReplyDelete