Wednesday, September 12, 2012

DUUUUUUUMPPP



For this figure drawing session, I went for a more slow, controlled approach instead of my usual "ATTACK WITH DER CHARCOALLL" approach. Hence the reason why I'm using a charcoal pencil instead of my usual vine charcoal.


 The rest below are from older sessions.

Pen sketches - I'm trying to not rely on using solely one medium for all my figure drawing stuff.
 Watercolor on the right.

 Initial rough sketches of the character I color sketched from the last post.
 The rest from here is all sketchbook stuff. This is a fork study because I realized I don't really know a fork as anything more than what the represenation form of it is (which is a stick with four prons).

 This took a LONG time and I'm still not done with it. I basically keep adding it whenever my concentration's up for it. When I can feel my concentration I STOP because I'm sure my lack of attention will just ruin the page.

 It's sorta like a reversal but with graphite. Basically, I rubbed a graphite stick all over the page and tried to grab forms out with an eraser.

I quite like this page, actually... I really do. The Cyrano quotes I added were for my own, silly happiness.
Robert Crumb inspired page. I might make it more of a spread - it looks suuuuper empty to me P: I'll find time to fill up the page next to it some time...

No comments:

Post a Comment